2009/8/11 Michael Kugelmann <michaelk_...@gmx.de>:
> Paul Houle schrieb:
>>> The level of radiation may be so low that it is not harmful to humans
>>     +1
>>
>>     Radioactivity is just one of many man-made hazards,  and,  overall,
>> people overestimate it's danger compared to other hazards and often
>> don't understand the real hazards.
> +1
>
> @Liz:
> If you would map "every radioactive source" you should e.g. also map
> every chemical plant also as there is often handling with very hazardous
> and dangerous chemicals...

absolutely, but fortunately she doesn't have to do it all on her own ;-)

> Another example: if you eat too much table salt in short time (or drink
> salty sea wather) you would also die => should we tag all shops as
> dangerous area?

no, we shouldn't. But what's so strange about the desire to tag
nuclear installations? Why not tag all chemical plants? There is a lot
of benefit in mapping not just "industrial" but also the type of
industry, be it chemical, automotive, steel, clothing or whatever.

cheers,
Martin