Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> This can be applied to any way as long as that way needs to be used when
>> passing the stile. The stile should be a node on that way, but whether
>> it is the first/last node or any node inbetween doesn't matter at all.
>
> I see this differently as the restriction does not apply to the whole
> footway but just to the part crossing the style. If the footway is
> some kilometres in length, why would you want to map it as oneway for
> all this part?

I wouldn't, I originally thought about adding something along the lines
of "of course, that way shouldn't be kilometres long", but thought it
was obvious anyway...

In most situations reality will provide a way section with a length of a
few meters whose only purpose is to go through the stile, so there will
be a "natural" way to use for this. Otherwise, people will probably be
intelligent enough to just split it.

> IMHO you have to split the way after ~50cm after the
> stile (width of the stile) and not to start before your inside the
> stile (otherwise you will get "trapped" inside a normal footway (for
> routers) not beeing able to return if e.g. the stile is closed.

I don't think that this "trapping" situation is relevant in realistic
cases (i.e. a few metres of way tagged like that) - it will even be
below GPS accuracy.

Tobias Knerr