2009/8/12 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:
> as it is already suggested in the wiki
> (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dpath/Examples) (and

btw: there is at least two tracks on the path-page as examples:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/images/0/07/Path-motorcarnohorseno.jpg
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/images/d/d8/Path-nomotortraffic.jpg

It is not explicitly written on the page that paths have to be smaller
than roads (=tracks), but I always though it would be somehow implied
(as it was to replace footway which is smaller than a road as
otherwise is pedestrian).

also the definition at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Approved_features/Path states for
access: "open to all non-motorized vehicles, but emergency vehicles
are allowed"
does this mean we have to explicitly exclude them for paths like this:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/images/5/52/PathSnowmobile.jpg
or this
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Image:06072009%28045%29.jpg

so the routers don't send the ambulances that way if it's shorter?

cheers,
Martin