Nick Whitelegg schrieb:

> I would apply a similar approach to paths too. I have no idea of exactly
> what the German law is on this, but when I was in the Schwarzwald last
> month, the paths/tracks in the forest were either waymarked by
> yellow/red/blue diamonds, or not waymarked at all (apart from the
> occasional "Betreten verboten").

In Germany, you have a legal right to walk in open nature; the diamond
waymarks are just for orientation. In most German states, cycling and
horseback riding is also allowed on "suitable" ways. (In the Black
Forest, cycling would require a way that is at least 2 meters wide.)

Land owners can restrict that right only for a few specific reasons.