Hi,
> Kai - this makes very good sense. But how do we set up a working group?
> And

I didn't think too much about the set up. Meeting in person would be the
easiest way, but then requirements of different countries can't come out of
the group itself and have to be accounted for by other sources.
But there are enough channels (chat, messanger, ...) to set up a
multi-oppinion and multi-country group.

> would it - and its findings/recommendations - be acceptable to the
> majority
> of the OSM community?

Before setting up a working group, normally a longer discussion is going on
with different oppinions (eg. discontinue footway vs. discontinue path). If
the group consists of people of different oppinions, chances of acceptance
are good.

Kai