On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM, David Paleino<d.pale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's no physical barrier, and the lanes are divided by continuous lines
> -- that would be a no-changing-lanes restriction, but I'd still be
> uncomfortable with drawing two separate ways -- that doesn't reflect real
> world.
>
> Satellite image:
>
>  http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.12436,13.355808&spn=0.001091,0.002411&t=k&z=19
>
>  (the street from NW is the one from S in my drawing --
>  http://imagebin.ca/view/SjGkG4.html )
>
> If you zoom in, you can clearly see the horizontal signals (at least at the NW
> street, there's some shadow hiding those in the SW one).
>
> If there are no other suggestions, I'll try to think at something :/

You also referred to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_flow_intersection

I don't remember ever seeing one of these in the wild.

I don't think that the intersection that you are looking at is a
continuous flow intersection as described in the wikipedia article.
It appears to be a simple cross junction of two one way roads.  Is
that correct?  If so I would map it with a single node at two
crossing, one-way, ways.

Here, in Ontario Canada, this junction would have no special signage,
other than the one-way arrows (and do not enter, for the opposite).
We have Right turn allowed on red light.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_turn_on_red

This is abstracted locally to include left turn allowed on red when
the junction is one-way to one-way.