On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:25, Konrad Skeri<kon...@skeri.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 18:11:59 -0500, David Lynch wrote:
>
>> I suspect that I'd end up creating a set of ways that look something
>> like this, plus a whole bunch of oneway tags and turn restrictions:
>>
>> http://dl1050.dyndns.org:8888/images/osm/cfi.png
>
> Wouldn't that make routers say "turn left and at the traffic signals continue
> stright ahead, and then at the next traffix signals turn slightly left and
> finally turn left" when it should be "turn left at the traffic signals"?

You pass through one set of signals when you cross the oncoming
traffic lanes, and another set when completing the turn onto the cross
street, so I would probably describe it as "turn slightly left at the
first traffic signal, go (distance) and turn left onto (street) at the
second signal". I tend to err on the side of tagging every node where
traffic might possibly stop for a red light, and there isn't a good
way at the moment to indicate that there are two or more nodes tagged
with highway=traffic_signal but only one set of signals.

--
David J. Lynch
djly...@gmail.com