On 28 Aug 2009, at 16:49, Nick Black wrote:

Hello,

<snip>

*Next Meeting of the Local Chapters Group*

The local chapters working group will meet at 6pm BST on Weds 30th September to discuss these issues and others. The agenda of the meeting is:

* What is the process for creating draft agreements and approving local chapters? This includes a timeline for getting the first chapters set up and identifying any discussion items that the local chapters group feel may be blockers to moving forward with local chapter agreements.
* What is the process for continuing to refine the current agreement?
* Which parts of the agreement should be standard and which could be amended for each group?

The local chapters group will report back to this list after our meeting next week. In the meantime, please comment on the agreement on the wiki page, or mail us directly at lo...@osmfoundation.org.

As agreed in an earlier thread on talk [1] can we have an email list for this subject. How about talk-local? Can we have it now!

It seems sensible to set this up and use it and the wiki to work things through for a while before considering the need for a conference call. If you do make a conference call then please take minutes and put them on the new public email list for people to read who were not on the call. I don't believe any decisions should be made on the conference call. Btw, I notice that there was a call on 24 August 2009; can the minutes for that meeting be published prior to any further call?

Fyi, the 'proposed agreement' on the wiki makes no mention of a payment of £10, indeed the finance section starts "Local chapters and the OSMF being separate legel entities have their own sources of income like membership fees and donations and decide on their own what to do with their money. There is no automatic payment of money from local chapters to OSMF or vice versa" . Are you referring back to the original document? I believe we should all be working from the version on the wiki.

Thanks for pushing this forward Nick,

Peter

[1] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-August/040634.html

If you have a chapter you'd like to set up, please add it to the list here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Proposed_Chapters