Peter, John + list,
Not sure where the details of payment have gone - I'll try to take a look at
the history over the weekend, but I might not get the chance.  The info is
definitely on the wiki discussion page, which seemed a good place to hold
the contentious issues.

Totally agree regarding a mailing list - I know Mike has it on his todo
list.  For now I'll keep communicating on Talk.

Regarding the call, its a Local Chapters Working Group call, almost entirely
about the process of setting up local chapters.  We won't be talking about
the ins and outs of the actual agreement, just how we can get a framework in
place for things like handling applications, negotiating contracts with
local groups etc.  Anyone is welcome to join the group - please mail
lo...@osmfoundation.org is you'd like to join and help out.

--
Nick

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/8/29 Peter Miller <peter.mil...@itoworld.com>:
> > As agreed in an earlier thread on talk [1] can we have an email list for
> > this subject. How about talk-local? Can we have it now!
>
> +100
>
> Why are people being excluded from these decisions when I've
> repeatedly told/emailed you that 6pm BST is unsuitable for a number of
> interested parties in this process?
>
> > Fyi, the 'proposed agreement' on the wiki makes no mention of a payment
> of
> > £10, indeed the finance section starts "Local chapters and the OSMF being
> > separate legel entities have their own sources of income like membership
> > fees and donations and decide on their own what to do with their money.
> > There is no automatic payment of money from local chapters to OSMF or
> vice
> > versa" . Are you referring back to the original document? I believe we
> > should all be working from the version on the wiki.
>
> I really don't think it's a good idea to force people to automatically
> join OSM-F, I agree that it should be encouraged but not mandated it
> will deter people from joining both local chapters and OSM-F.
>
> But of course there has been no discussion on this except for a few
> that was on the last discussion about this.

Nick Black
twitter.com/nick_b