Now I haven't actually tried this, but for those (as they say) who are
watching in black and white (or feel more comfortable in the Microsoft
comfort zone), you could probably do much the same thing in a spreadsheet
(eg in Excel, put the CSV in one sheet, write some functions to parse the
data into the required format in another sheet), save the resulting sheet as
a text file and do some last tweaks in a basic editor (eg Notepad), if
required.
Richard