2009/9/16 Peter Körner <osm-li...@mazdermind.de>:
> But because Node #50 was deleted after Changeset #5 there is *no* way to
> fetch the ways this node was in. Same would happen if Way #10 would get
> deleted - the GET /node/#id/ways call just does not spit out any
> historic information. What we need would be a
>
>    GET /node/#id/#version/ways
>
> But i don't think this can go into the api without a major change..

It probably needs a new api call but I don't think it's necessary a
major change, I had a look at amf code earlier today, particularly the
whichways_deleted api call and it's 10 lines of code, I think the call
you need would be similar.

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port/app/controllers/amf_controller.rb

To make it quick a new index might be necessary but I'm not sure, I
suck at relational databases.

Cheers