2009/9/19 John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/19 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>:
>
>> I would recommend a relation to unify "several bridges" in one (which
>> gets also the name). Not really more simple to map, but resulting more
>> accurate and probably could also render nicer.
>
> That seems like such a nasty way to do it, this is why I've suggested
> allowing us to tag lanes, not just ways so we don't need to do this
> sort of hacks to tag the physical world.

don't get you. Isn't "mapping lanes" just the same like what I
suggested? I'm in favour of mapping all lanes and ways as well, but
you DO need relations to combine them into streets (indicating kind of
separation and / or possibility to change lanes). I was in this case
just talking about the bridge, but for streets I can imagine the same
procedure (and add green, dividers, walls, curbs, etc. as well)

cheers,
Martin