On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> There is indeed a problem with bridges (in cases like yours it looks
> like several bridges where in reality there is just one, then there
> are bridge-names that can differ from the streetname, etc.)

I wonder if this perhaps isn't a problem with the data after all.  As long
as the way widths are given, it's not ambiguous.  If the distance between
two ways is less than or (approximately) equal to the average width of the
two ways, you've got one bridge.  If the distance is greater, you've got two
bridges.

I guess you might have a separator on a single bridge, but that can always
be represented as another way.

And it might be difficult with the current editors to get the separation
exactly correct, but there's no reason the editor can't allow you to select
two ways, set the distance in meters between them, and automagically make
one parallel to the other separated by the distance you choose.

This is only really a problem if the renderer ignores width.