2009/9/29 Claudius <claudiu...@gmx.de>:
> Am 28.09.2009 20:40, Pieren:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is not my proposal but this tag is used by the Corine Land Cover
>> current import in France corresponding to the class 2.2.2 of this
>> european program (Agricultural areas ->  Permanent crops ->  Fruit trees
>> and berry plantations).
>> I would like to push this for improvements and a proper adoption.
>> Please check the proposal and add your comments here:
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/orchard
>>
>> Pieren
>
> I'd rather like to see this merged into some more generic
>
> landuse=agricultural
>
> tagging-scheme. Which would cover "general" farmland (currently tagged
> as landuse=farmland) as well. Any farmer within the OSM crowd that could
> lend her/his expertise?
>
> Claudius

Not being a Farmer I'm not 100% sure but I think we need to split up
how a feed is used.

ie

Ploughed Field, Changed Every Year.
Grass for grazing animals
Orchard, permanent or semi-permanent trees/bushes

While some farmers may rotate there land, partally with Orchards this
is not as likely as with grassland and ploughed Fields

Just my 2pence worth.

Peter.