You could record it as a type of turn-restriction relation, but I have a
prejudice against those, having copied them down a bus route for quite a way
until I realised I'd picked up a stray. That (of course) may be a problem
with the editor I'm using, but keeping it simple is always a good maxim.

So I'd much prefer a giveway instruction (giveway=yes or giveway=-1) on the
way that gives way, probably on a node near the junction, and inferring the
direction from the way that the node is on.

I lost the will to read when much the same issue was discussed with regard
to stop signs, so I don't know what the conclusion was (if any).

Richard