2009/9/30 Blaž Lorger <blaz.lor...@triera.net>:
> I don't see where problem lies.
>
> Is it that routing software will not be able to choose right route?
> You never stated it clearly, but if I understand correctly road from segment a
> to b has right of way over segment c. So all you need is a way to indicate
> this. There are some proposals that could solve this (stop signs, yield, right
> of way).
> If there are turn restrictions you can map those using turn restriction
> relation.
> But if there is no explicit right of way and no turn restrictions it really
> should not matter how road markings are painted on the road. Routing software
> should be able to pick the right route based on other criteria (road
> classification, speed limits, traffic calming, ...).

obviously you will find those road markings in situations, where there
are some kind of restrictions or explicit right of way. The thing is
less to _find_ the best way, but to give apropriate indications
(follow the street to the right or something similar, at least not
simply: turn right.

see this for explanations:

http://www.atzl.eu/stickerei/images/stories/stickerei/f03.jpg
http://www.phipsl.de/fall1.jpg

http://cdn.fotocommunity.com/photos/10510230.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/display/10510230&usg=__A3IpXoI79f0MoS-wOtdSQLUJz3E=&h=1000&w=659&sz=225&hl=de&start=12&um=1&tbnid=gU2vwxzupwOUYM:&tbnh=149&tbnw=98&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dabknickende%2Bvorfahrt%26hl%3Dde%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dcom.ubuntu:de:unofficial%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

cheers,
Martin