Andy Allan writes:
 > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Tim Litwiller <t...@litwiller.net> wrote:
 > > I've been noticing that in the US tiger data in central Kansas - ways do
 > > not cross county lines. Each county has their own county line road and
 > > the roads from that county connect to it - but it overlays the next
 > > countys county line road. Is there some automated way to select both
 > > ways and merge them into one way with the roads from each direction
 > > connecting also?
 >
 > No, there's no automated way

There is currently no automated mechanism.  However, it would be
straightforward to look for 1) overlapping nodes which are 2) in
different TIGER imports and which are 3) within a small distance of a
county border.  No one's written that code yet.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog