On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:14:00 -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:

> If we don't do that, then we'll get what we deserve: no leadership.

Yes please, this project needs an active leader. There is currently too
much undecided topics.

As a reference please look how Fedora Project [1] is doing things.

There is a project leader (that I obviously think should be SteveC) and
there is Fedora Board [2]

The board is composed of community elected members, and all members have
a vote on who gets to be a Board member.

People who are running for elections put up a page on the wiki saying
what they do for the project, and what is their "goal" to do when they
become members of Board.

Board votes on all decisions and their decisions are final, but represent
the consensus of most users.

Is there anything similar currently for OpenStreetMap project?

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt