2009/10/7 Dave F. <dave...@madasafish.com>:
> Not necessarily more useful, but give a general idea of how the data was
> collected, yes. Unfortunately there's more to the accuracy of a GPX
> recording than the accuracy of the chip. Such as number of lock on
> satellites, weather, & geography

The number of sats doesn't matter as much as how far apart they are,
I'm not sure if the weather you are thinking of would have as much of
an effect as you think it would, unpredicatable changes in the
ionosphere is another matter but I doubt you can see these. Number of
sunspots, since it's an indication of output from the sun, of late,
well last couple of years there has been less and less activity/output
from the sun.

Also it's not just about the accuracy of a chip, but also the
sensitivity, knowing what device would also give you an idea of the
antenna as well, so yes knowing what device, not what chip, recorded a
track would be useful.