2009/10/5 Liz <ed...@billiau.net>:
> On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Mike N. wrote:
>>   I recently set out to do an all-inclusive map of a section of town.
>> Perhaps I'm unfortunate enough to live in a city of lawyers, but it seems
>> that a large entire section of town consists of law offices.    I can't
>> believe I'm not the first person to want to tag a law office as a shop
>> category (I may have completely missed an existing tag).   The process of
>> creating a new tag is laborious:
>
> I used shop=solicitor because I had heaps of stuff to put on the map and no
> time to do any exhaustive search. Any tag I found on the wiki later I adjusted
> to a generally used one.
> I'm quite happy to change my tag to shop=lawyer.

I'm not an English native speaker, maybe that's why shop=lawyer sounds
strange to me. All lawyers that I know of I'd actually consider
offices, not shops. I believe that they should be better put in a
different category. Or would you also tag shop=architect,
shop=energy_provider, shop=doctor, shop=foreign_languages,
shop=military_consultant, shop=fire_department, shop=mailorder ?

cheers,
Martin