On 8 Oct 2009, at 22:45 , Russ Nelson wrote:

> I considered doing so, but this issue is larger than tagging.  Do you
> have anything to contribute other than stop energy to my suggestion?

you want to move a bit away from the anarchy but don't agree this
discussion should be in the list where it belongs?
how do you expect anything will change?

for the topic itself there isn't much to add. It is well written and
for my impression a majority of mappers is doing exactly this already
for a long time.
The documentation part could need a rework. So if you have energy left
put all this on the wiki into the best practices pages, crosslink
wherever it makes sense ...
discussing on talk is useless as the last months have shown. many
complaints about the current status but no action. Only once for the
highway thread someone stood up, changed the wiki and got it voted.
Sure voting isn't a good solution but it's the best we have for new
tags. old tags speak for themselves in tagwatch.
Having good docu in the wiki helps everyone and beginners will always
start from there.