Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2009/10/12 Ben Laenen <benlae...@gmail.com>:
> >> I made a proposal:
> >> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:planned
> >
> > So what's the difference with highway=proposed + proposed=...?
> >
> > I can't seem to find the wiki page, but highway=proposed is already in
> > use and it's rendered in the Mapnik layer.
>
> maybe this one?
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Road/Rail_proposed

no, not this one.

> there's also an inactive duplicate here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Proposed

More or less.

The syntax is just like your proposal, but instead of using "planned", it uses
"proposed".

So either
highway=proposed + proposed=primary/secondary/...
or
railway=proposed + proposed=rail/tram/...

Given that Mapnik is already rendering the highway=proposed syntax, it makes
sense to just adjust your proposal to use "proposed" instead of "planned". And
you don't really need to go through RFC or voting or whatever, because it's
basically documenting established use (osmdoc.com currently gives 200 usages
of highway=proposed -- which is actually quite a lot for something which is
almost unmappable...).

Greetings
Ben