On Oct 20, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Andy Allan wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM, maning sambale
> <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any advice on loading georectfied imagery (very large geotiff) to
>> josm/merkaartor/potlatch?
>
> * Create a mapnik style that has one layer (the geotiff) and one
> rastersymbolizer
> * Run generate_tiles.py to make google-projection tiles
> * Put them on a webserver. They are already in the right folder
> structure so any webserver will do
> * You're good to go!
>
> You can supply extra parameters in the Potlatch url if you want to
> direct people to the imagery without having to paste in anything into
> the custom url box. For a working example, see
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=52.191248&lon=-1.701483&zoom=18&tileurl=http://andy.sandbox.cloudmade.com/tiles/stratford/!/!/!.png
>
> I'd avoid WMS for this stuff. If you can't get it working I can
> process it and host the tiles for you.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Nice Andy.

If I can help let me know as well. In Mapnik trunk I've been working
on adding support for GDAL overviews, so using gdaladdo on that large
Geotiff and then reading it with the 'gdal' datasource could be really
useful if the geotiff is > 1GB. Also, reprojecting the geotiff into
EPSG:900913 will be required, before rendering with Mapnik.

Cheers,

Dane