> Is there anything that OSM does officially regarding these kind of people
> of they are just ignored until somebody starts asking questions?

It is near impossible to check out every user and what sources it
uses. If there is indication, that user uses source wrong or doesn't
have permission to do so, it is healthy to inform his first, maybe he
is just confused with all these concepts of copyright. If he doesn't
answer, then admin could warn him somehow. If then doesn't seem to be
answer, let's block him and investigate how to revert his commits.

If user are silent about his sources, then even Google will have hard
time to prove that he copied something from them. We can only react to
visible violations like this.

Did you tried to contact user about this?

Cheers,
Peter.