Nop wrote:
> It is good that simplification is forced. But of course, it will still
> stupidly add a large zig-zag caused by bad reception to the map. (I
> have seen beginners manually add such zig-zags before they learn that
> GPS isn't perfect, but at least they usually learn)
>
> How does it take care of crossing other ways without a junction point?

It doesn't - well, not explicitly. I did wonder about automatically
creating crossing nodes, but then you'd have all sorts of palaver
about "well, if this is a river then it should intersect with other
rivers, but if it's a road it shouldn't - well, unless there's a ford,
but...".

Rather, it creates the way as a "locked" way; it explicitly won't be
uploaded, even when you click Save, until you've unlocked it. This is
indicated with a bright red drawing rather than any other styling. The
docs then duly explain that you should tidy the way by tagging, adding
intersections, removing zigzags etc. before unlocking and uploading.
If you don't read the docs, you won't know how to unlock the way
anyway. ;)

cheers
Richard