2009/11/26 Morten Kjeldgaard <m...@bioxray.dk>:
> So for example, if the multiplex in the example represents an intersection,
> you would connect B->D (left turn from B), B->F (going straigh ahead from
> B), B -> D (right turn from B).  And so on, to make all other possible
> connections inside the intersection.  This would give you an object which
> would render nicely as an intersection, and there's of course the option of
> tagging a bunch of auxilliary information such number of traffic_lights,
> directional signs etc.

How would you measure the distance from, for example, B->D?  It's not
a straight line.

A minor error, I suppose, for an intersection, especially a simple
intersection like the one you've outlined, but if the concept is going
to be extended beyond intersections, the error could potentially be
expanded as well.  And if we're going to take the time to carefully
micromap an intersection as an area, we might as well be as accurate
as possible.