On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:

> The whole point of using an area is that it doesn't behave like a
> line, though.  If all you have is a line with a width, use a line with
> a width tag.

Is it? Perhaps I missed the start of the conversation. I had presumed
"the whole point" was so that the highway was not *limited* by the
properties of a line. Essentially, I'm imagining a line of highly
variable width.  Is there a use case for a truly arbitrary shape? I
mean, apart from random areas like oddly shaped carparks, pedestrian
areas etc - which I assume is not what we're talking about.

Steve