I think the honest answer is that oneways tend to be treated as "interesting
information that applies to cars". Ahem.

In the UK, we tend to make the oneway stretch very short with a cycle track
in the opposite direction, so they show up as two-way on most renderings,
but routers can't find a way through for cars.

If there's a lane in the "wrong" direction, that'll be marked (as being on
both sides). If there's a separate track adjacent to the road, that'll be
marked. But cycle tracks don't get marked if they are attached to the road
(so cycleway=track and cycleway=opposite don't get marked). If there's no
lane marked (eg the zillions of oneway exceptions in Belgium that have
appeared in the last few years) then it probably needs to be tagged
oneway:bicycle=no, but that won't show up either (AFAIK).

This is partly waiting on the development of the ability to put different
edge markings (casings) on the two sides of the road (imminent for Mapnik
apparently), which will give more scope for subtle information on small
roads that isn't obliterated by the street name. Which doesn't mean it will
happen - opencyclemap is done by voluntary labour (and by a process that
isn't practical to open up to additional input). You may have to render it
yourself...

Richard