On 06/12/2009, at 8:44 AM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> Tom Hughes schrieb:
>> Polling the OSMF members is just the first stage - there will another
>> vote later when all contributors will be asked whether they want to
>> relicense.
>
> With a gun at their head: "Refuse: After the migration (currently 26th
> February 2010), your contributions will not be included in ODbL licensed
> downloads and you will not be able to continue contributing.".
>
> If you call this a vote, then we have pretty different understanding
> about voting.

I'd say it isn't a vote, it's asking whether you agree to relicense your
contributions under the ODbL subject to the Contributor Terms. I would imagine
there are quite a few people who couldn't legitimately agree to that, even if
they want the ODbL. Have you ever important any CC-BY(-SA) data using your
account? If so, they I would think that you can't legally agree because you are
not the copyright holder of all your contributions.

For example, I have inferred road positions from the CC-BY-licensed Queensland
DCDB-lite dataset, and have uploaded national park and world-heritage areas
from the CC-BY dataset on data.australia.gov.au. As I'm not the copyright
holder of those base datasets, I don't see how I could agree to the
relicensing, or contributor terms which allow for future relicensing.  Does
that mean everything I've ever contributed (even my own work) has to be
deleted? Probably.