Hi,

James Livingston wrote:
> For example, I have inferred road positions from the CC-BY-licensed
> Queensland DCDB-lite dataset, and have uploaded national park and
> world-heritage areas from the CC-BY dataset on data.australia.gov.au.
> As I'm not the copyright holder of those base datasets, I don't see
> how I could agree to the relicensing, or contributor terms which
> allow for future relicensing.  Does that mean everything I've ever
> contributed (even my own work) has to be deleted? Probably.

Are we sure that CC-BY is any more incompatible with ODbL that what
we're doing now? I mean, nominally we have CC-BY-SA but
data.australia.gov.au is not listed on the maps anywhere...

If CC-BY were really unusable for us then my completely unoffical take
on this would be:

If you have only inferred a very small number of elements then just
ignore it and say yes.

If we're talking about a lot of data, and if you have put proper
"source" tags in or tagged your changesets in a way that makes them
discernible, then we can find a way to open a new account and transfer
this "tainted" data to the new account and you then accept the
relicensing with your old account.

Lawyers might scorn me for this but I think it is ok to do this on a
"best effort" basis, i.e. if we should miss one data item or another
during such a process then we're not going to be sued to death because
of that.

Bye
Frederik