Ed Avis wrote:
> Google have recently started using their own set of map data for the
> USA. If it were possible for them to take OSM data under the current
> licence they would have done so. This suggests that the current
> share-alike provisions are working as intended.

No, it suggests that our US data, on aggregate, is an abominable heap of
crap compared to that which Google can generate for itself.

I'm not decrying the hard work of our US mappers and those who have worked
with them. Much of our UK coverage is a heap of crap compared to the
Ordnance Survey's, too.

But Google use our US data? You have to be kidding. You can't route with it.
The raw TIGER geometry looks like a bunch of baboons let loose with crayons.
There are interstates which have one carriageway where there should be two,
and crossroads where there should be overpasses. And so on.

Richard