Hi all,
  I've been showing my progress on this task to the tag list, but now
that I have a pretty table, I'll show it here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Stevage/tagsupport

This table shows whether the main OSM stylesheets in each of Mapnik
and Osmarenderer support each of the given tags. The definition of
"support" is pretty flimsy: basically I'm just scanning for
expressions like "wetland='bog'". Still, I think it gives a bit of an
idea.

Would love to hear from anyone who thinks this is useful, or would
like to suggest the next steps (ie, potlatch, merkaartor...)

It's generated from a pretty hefty (300 line) XSLT 2.0 stylesheet.

Steve