Steve Bennett wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Lennard <l...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>

>> Yes, it is. It falls under bridge=*, i.e. every occurence of the bridge
>> tag on certain highway types will render a bridge. This conveniently
>> catches other exotic instances, like bridge=swing, bridge=span, etc. But
>> as always, the devil is in the details, as there are numerous places
>> where bridges are handled, in the mapnik stylesheet, and other places
>> just look at bridge=yes/true/1 and not *.

I see. So, if I understand you correctly, highway=road,bridge=viaduct
will display; but railway=rail,bridge=viaduct will not.

Could you post the link to the stylesheet please

>> PS: Steve, it's best if you filtered the output to not show 'length'.
>> That's not a key that's pulled from OSM. It's generated internally. Same
>> goes for 'point', 'way_area' and 'z_order'
>>

> Great, this is the kind of info I was hoping would turn up. With your
> rules for the different words that mean "bridge", they would be a good
> candidate for standardising across renderers, right? List the rules in
> one place, then use them globally...
That seems a good idea
Could you list be extended to show for which element the likes of bridge
are/aren't rendered?

Cheers
Dave F.