On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:06:36 +1000, John Smith wrote:

>2009/12/14 Brendan Morley <morb....@beagle.com.au>:
>> What is *materially removed* from you if your "labour is used to
>> commercially benefit others" and/or "commercial companies [are] just sucking
>> up all
>> the data and not giving hardly anything back in return if they extend the
>> map"?

>I'm not a source of free labour for multinational corporations to
>abuse, if they want to hire me that's fine, but I choose to not work
>for them for free unless they want to contribute back as well.

I suppose you would have hated contributing to Linux then.

National corporations are OK then?  Where do you draw the line?

All other things being equal, they "give back" by being able to make a profit
at a *lower* selling price than what they otherwise would if they
had to commission their own additional survey.

You didn't answer the question about what of yours is materially removed btw.

Brendan