On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 1:47 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Or if he were really serious about this he'd come up with a suitable
>>

> Was this mailing list always like this? I don't get it. I make a sincere
> suggestion for a tag that I think would be useful, and just look at the
> response. Where does it all come from? Someone smacks down the OP and two
> others immediately chime in with "+1". Am I out of line brainstorming here?
> Why the snide replies? Why so much negativity?
>
> Steve

Cool down Steve. The +1s were not to put you down, it was just agreement
with something someone said. No one here is shooting down your proposal
because they dont want change. Ask me, I am fed up of so many renderers,
none of which renders everything that I want rendered.

It is just that I dont see your solution as a scalable one and the same goes
for many of the +1ers. The +1 is just a figure of speech.

You are sort of advocating a top down approach while others think it has to
be a bottom up approach. And all of us are entitled to our opinions. If you
have a solution which can make the renderers render what they are supposed
to render without adding layers of complicacy, it will be welcome.

Cheers,
Shalabh