On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I would have said it's something like
> > "to establish that the tag is part of the official OSM tag set" or
> > something.  And once established, it should be rendered (or explicitly
> not
> > rendered, if inappropriate) by the official OSM renderers/stylesheets...
>
> So... it should be rendered... or not rendered... OK then.

If I was unclear, my apologies - you could politely have requested
clarification.

I'm thinking of cases where an "official OSM renderer/stylesheet" (not that
we have defined what they are) deliberately doesn't render certain tags due
to its intended purpose: a bike map might not render car parks, for
instance. That's different from a renderer failing to render a tag simply
because it isn't implemented.

Steve