On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM, John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> You also have the fact that a "licensed professional" may work elsewhere than
> at an office.  For example, a medical doctor may work at an office; the same
> doctor may also work at a hospital.

At that point we're really straying beyond making a map, aren't we?
I'm already a little dubious about the value of recording the
locations of professional services like lawyers. Why not just have a
separate project for directories of all kinds, make sure our
addressing works, and use geocoding to map between them? I think it
makes sense to store amenities like petrol stations and cafes, but the
further you stray away from "stuff someone might need in a hurry", the
less sense it makes. It would also seem to be easier to mantain a
directory than a map - when an office moves, it *should* just be a
matter of updating an entry in a directory, rather than moving the GPS
coordinates of a node...

No?

Is there an open directory project? Could we be better integrated with one?

Steve