On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Alex S. wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > I like the idea of office=laywer, office=notary
> > maybe we need this, no?
>
> In the USA, Notary is a secondary function/service (most bank branches
> here have notaries public on staff, for example).

We have here an example of something which has the same name but means quite
different things in several different countries.

I've just looked up what it means in Australia, because I didn't know, and it
is again slightly different from any other country.

Instead of making proposals for office=lawyer and office=notary
could someone consider starting a whole set to include
accountants
architects
surveyors
lawyers
engineers
insurance agents
produce agents
publisher
real estate agent
geologist
mortgage broker
politician

i have made no effort to see if there any existing tags which overlap with
those i listed