On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Daniel Neugebauer
<mailingli...@energiequant.de> wrote:
> I heard about TED only recently and what I've read and seen about it so far
> seems like an insult - conspirative pseudo-open meetings for well-paying
> members of that strange elitist association. Talks seem to be only held by
> those members or VIPs that are invited occasionally if any. Even if I would
> tolerate all that, there would still remain a strange feeling about TED,
> something I don't like. Maybe I just don't get something but that whole
> elitarist stuff smells bad.
>
> I'd better stay away from them and go to some real open conferences and
> exhibitions instead.

Surely we can do better than "I don't know much about TED, but it
smells bad to me". By all means, hold these opinions, or post them on
the relevant website or whatever, but can we keep this mailing list a
little bit more informed than half-arsed opinions about stuff that
isn't related to OSM?

Steve