From: Jean-Marc Liotier <j...@liotier.org>
To: talk@openstreetmap.org
Sent: Thu, January 14, 2010 11:47:28 AM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Field Requirements from Haiti for spatial imagery-based
work (processing & digitizing): NEED to map any spontaneous camps appearing in
the imagery with size in area

nicolas chavent wrote:

> I am relaying a mapping requirement grounded in Haiti from GIS
> practitioners mapping there at the United Nations Office of Coordination
> of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA):
>
> "NEED to map any spontaneous camps appearing in the imagery with size in
> area"

Relevant feature would be nodes or areas tagged "amenity=camp" ("a
temporary living or relocation area, used for displaced persons, workers
etc.") - a not-yet-voted proposed feature not to be confused with
"tourism=camp"...