On 15.01.2010 11:22, Richard Mann wrote:
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Adrian Moisey <adr...@changeover.za.net <mailto:adr...@changeover.za.net>> wrote:

    I've managed to get pieces of it to render on the cycle map:
    http://osm.org/go/kaIGiwl?layers=00B0FTF'

Interestingly this appears as a GREEN cycle route, presumably because it's tagged route=bicycle+network=mtb. I wish these things were documented a bit more obviously. I've added network=mtb to the Relation table on the Cycle Routes wiki page, as a start.
Richard
I took it out again. I will be too confusing to have network=mtb.
a) there are also networks for mtb routes. (e.g. Alpentour Austria, a 21 day mtb route going from Vienna, over Lower Austria into Styria ) b) route=mtb is already in wide use. Even though there could be borderline cases of what is a supereasy mtb route, or a bicycle route along very badly maintained tracks the decision should usually be easy. At least in Europe the route maintainer will allways classify as bicycle or mtb route.