News regarding OSM tags :

-------- Message original --------
Sujet :         Re: [CrisisMappers] Haiti Tracker at Crisis Camp
Date :  Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:52:39 -0500
De :    CJ Hendrix <hendrix...@gmail.com>
Répondre à :    crisismapp...@googlegroups.com
Pour : crisismappers <crisismapp...@googlegroups.com>, Nicolas Chavent <nicolas.chav...@gmail.com> Références : <7f8a7623-2188-4e93-8b78-d30a5bb59...@gmail.com> <4b558d0c.5040...@gmail.com> <9e497ee41001190427n454e10fehdfd58a61769eb...@mail.gmail.com> <9e497ee41001190429w1df863fey378230ef5d27f...@mail.gmail.com>

Chris,

Nicolas Chavent (in cc) has been working to tie the OSM tags to the UN Spatial Data Infrastructure for Transport. He and I worked for many years together on disaster response for the UN and I just got evac'ed out of Haiti and helped streamline the OSM tags based on field conditions, so I think that OSM wiki now reflects our inputs and we are building support on the ground for use of these tags. I would like to encourage you to use them as well to the extent possible. Best of luck. --cj

CJ Hendrix
GIS & Remote Sensing Projects Manager
UAE Mobile: +971 50 142 5958
Haiti Mobile: +509 3656 7993