slightly off topic,

one problem we have is many imports are incomplete because of network/server
interrupting the upload. Users stopping uploads but not being able to  revert
them.
As a rule please report broken imports/uploads and someone can revert them
before manual changes make it nearly impossible.

the problem with guidance is, many will not read it. how many active
mappers/importers contribute to osm. how many subscribe to talk, read the wiki
AND follow the advice?
And the wiki doesn't contain much guidance. Anyone up to improve the wiki? Can
add more info collected from earlier emails in talk but someone should review
if it all makes sense.