On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Jochen Plumeyer wrote:
>  In our case of photo geo tagging this is no issue I think.
> Please tell me if I'm wrong here.

For photo geo-tagging the main problem is that you can set the camera time to
a resolution of one minute, not one second, and the camera time will drift,
probably inversely related to the purchase price.

So some form of fiddling is needed to accurately place the photos, trying a
few secs forward and back until they line up on the map with known features.
So whether your GPS is UTC or GPS time is not a practical problem.