On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 2:27 AM, Andy Allan wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:42 PM, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:

>>> Sure, you don't like the way I communicate sometimes
>>
>> Hmm. It sounds to me like you don't think you've done anything wrong?
>> I notice you don't write "Sure, I'm grossly offensive without due
>> cause sometimes", but instead infer that the issue isn't the way you
>> behave, instead it's that other people dislike your behaviour.
>
> Andy all I'm doing is repeating what I get from newbies all the time, and
> adding another sentence that you ignore because below you just want to evolve
> things, and I think it needs a step change.

"but he doesn't give a shit and lives on a boat in bliss" doesn't
sound like "all you're doing is repeating what you get from newbies".

> Andy, building community and moving things on is not just "be nice to
> everyone all the time". Sometimes it's also about being honest and saying,
> this is wrong, we can fix it.

If you can't be nice when you criticise, then don't criticise. And
please learn the difference between being honest and being rude.

>> * Steve apologies - without caveats - regarding his demeaning of
>> existing developers work
>
> You're not seriously suggesting the PL user experience is non-crap and the
> codebase is non-crap right? Because I think that's all I said.

Nice apology. I like the way you've learned to show respect for other
people's work.

Cheers,
Andy