Hello Everyone!

I just asked on GeoNames mailing list why they don't use OSM for their
map functionality.
http://groups.google.com/group/geonames/t/ec02877f850cf6c7

A person named Marc responded that OSM share-alike license is too
restrictive. Please check link above for his explanation.

Could someone explain me how relation between GeoNames and OSM looks at
this moment? According to the OSM wiki you use GeoNames for your search
functionality. I think it would be nice if GeoNames and other services
could use OSM for their mapping functionality.

I think GeoNames and OSM have complementary service to each other and I
would really like to see them in good relation =)

Peace!
elf Pavlik