Il 06/03/2010 12:42, Greg Troxel ha scritto:

>   amenity=ice_cream   (which I've tagged one of)
>
> or
>
>   amenity=cafe cuisine=ice_cream
>
> the problem is that if someone says "find me a cafe nearby", they don't
> want an ice cream shop.

This seems to me the exact problem, and the main reason of the proposal.
A single and punctual tag is needed for this kind of shop/amenity. I
also agree with Martin, maybe a "food" tag would be more precise to
identify all these kebeb/ice cream/pizzerie and so on, but maybe we are
late for this. By the way, relegating ice_cream to a mere cuisine
property makes more difficult to instruct a gps device to find a
"gelateria"...