From: Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 04:40:38
To: Pieren<pier...@gmail.com>
Cc: <talk-boun...@openstreetmap.org>; OpenStreetMap talk mailing
list<talk@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC -(amenity=ice_cream)

2010/3/6 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:
> I like the "food:" prefix, just in case someone could interpret
> "takeaway=yes" for something else like the furnitures, dishes or the
> waitress ;-)

I know that it sounds a little bit redundant to repeat the prefix, but
in the end it will IMHO make things easier, because sooner or later
there will be overlapping features with the need to specify - or
several features with different attributes and it will not be clear
which one is for which feature (already happening right now). E.g.
there could be a restaurant which at the same time sells ice_cream to
take away but beer just for consumation inhouse (e.g. for legal
reasons).

cheers,
Martin