Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> have you thought about deprecating the "live"-mode in PL1 though? I
> really think it is a pain and was happy when you wrote in another
> thread that it will not be available in PL2.

Indeed, you've mentioned one or two (million) times before you're no
fan of it. :)

To be honest, though, I think the combination of the little warning
that pops up and the steer in the Potlatch help docs (and elsewhere)
has almost entirely removed any problems with it. Certainly, I see
many more problems caused by people gratuitously merging ways in other
tools which don't visualise relations well, than I do from Potlatch's
live mode. Given that there are a lot of experienced users who still
prefer editing live I'm loth to gratuitously remove it for now.

In situations like this, I would really like to see the OSM community
work together on improving our abysmal documentation to help newbies,
rather than expecting absolutely everything to be dumbed down through
code.

cheers
Richard