On 17/03/10 21:24, Robin Paulson wrote:

> i've been offered contours for new zealand under a cc license. the
> precision is 20m, which i believe is higher than that of the srtm
> data.
>
> how would i go about getting these into osm? from what i can tell,
> contours are generally handled differently to other data

What do you mean by getting them into osm exactly? You're quite right
that we don't store this sort of elevation data in the main database but
it sounds like you think we have sort of parallel database of elevation
data - we don't.

Most people wanting elevation data just use the SRTM dataset directly.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/